Friday, January 14, 2011

My first huge haul!!!

So first stop was Walgreens.
I had no register rewards to use, but I saw they had a great sale on granola bars. Right now the Fiberone bars or Nature valley granola bars are 2/$4. I love those fiber one chewy oats & chocolate bars and I had several coupons for both kinds so I bought a bunch! I bought 5 of the Nature's Valley bars and I had coupons that took off a total of $2.50 on five total. So that brought be down to $7.50. Then I found several loreal makeup on clearance. They were btwn $11-$13 orignally, all marked down to $3.19-$3.29) This is where having had multiple papers came in handy. I had 5-yes 5 coupons for a total of 9 items (totaling in $19 more off)...plus when it spit out the Register rewareds in the end, it gave me another $5 off my next purchase because I bought so much in makeup!!! So its basically like I got $108 in makeup for just $5!!!!!!
So it spit out a $5 off rr (from the makeup) and a $3.50 off rr(from buying 5 boxes of bars)...
I bought 5 FiberOne bars, and I used 5 coupons. Some for .40/1 some for .50 off 1... and some more of the makeup. It didn't give me the $5 coupon this time but it did do another $3.50 off. rr

So at Walgreens, I paid a total of $24 out of pocket after tax, saved a total of $133. and walked away with $12 towards my next purchase.




Next stop was CVS. Now here, I had shopped around and I found bottles of Maalox (ewwwwww) for $5.89. I had 4 coupons for $5 off 1 Maalox from the paper this past Sunday, making them just .89 each plus tax. I paid that and then I got a $10 off because I spent 20 (before coupons) on Maalox. I then bought 6 of lays and doritos chips (2/$5) and 2 packs of Citrus Fizze drinks. I used 2 $1/1 coupons on the drinks,( and because I purchased $20 worth of participating products, I got a $10 extra bucks back.) Total was like $30 or so and I used $10 that I earned the other day from the cleaning supplies deal and the $10 from the maalox. I paid a total of about 10 out of pocket and like I said, I got another $10 back in register rewards.


Last stop was rite aid. I walked in there the first time the other day for the almost free Special K cereal deal...today I got several stay free maxi pads for next to nothing!
This one was a little more confusing. Since I am still new to Rite Aid, I wasn't sure exactly how it would work. I actually had 2 up rewards from the special k I didnt use so I started out with an out of pocket amount.

Rite Aid's policy is to allow you to use no more than 2 coupons per item, only 1 of which may be a manufacturer's coupon. However, they will allow you to use a b1g1 free coupon, with an additional $1/1 item (or whatever amount) thus lowering the price of the item you "buy" and getting the 2nd item free. So I had 5 b1g1 free coupons, and two $1 off 1 coupons. What I did was this:

I bought 4 stayfree pads (they have to be the 14-24 count, only certain packages count for the promotion -you get $2 up rewards for every set of two you buy) @$2.50 each.
$10
-$5 (for two free ones)
-$2 for 2 $1/1 coupons
paid out of pocket $3 plus tax

Then I did a 2nd transaction and I bought 6 more, and I used 3 b1g1 coupons.
$15
-7.50
-$4 up rewards *I got 2 from my first purchase*

paid $3.50 plus tax.
Got $6 in up rewards back!!!


Total for the day I paid into the stores, including up rewards I used (because if you didn't start out with any (you would have to pay $20 to cvs i used in Extra bucks)that money out of pocket was $69, but I still have $12 from walgreens to use on my next purchase, $10 from CVS and and $6 more from rite aid. So it's like I paid in $69 and got back $28. So it's like I paid $41 really..... Does that make sense. You will start to save alot more if you can roll your register rewards and catalinas, just be careful that the store you are shopping at will still print the catalina if you buy that same item and pay using a catalina from purchasing that item earlier--Walgreens will not, but Rite Aid will.....

Anyways drumroll!!!
Total value of goods--$304
Total spent including catalinas i used to pay in--$69
Out of pocket expense $49
Total catalinas I walked away with $28
Total amount I saved (not including catalinas saved for next time) $255!!!
Are you kidding me?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment