Thursday, November 17, 2011

Rain Check!



So first of all, let me say this: Rite Aid has GOT to be one of my favorite places to shop at. While they always have very limited quantities, they are very good about honoring rain checks and I have never had a problem with them at all. They are very friendly and very willing to help you with anything you need- ie. finding certain items, etc. That being said, many times, especially when I have to go later in the week, I often can't get the items that I want because someone else has beaten me to it. The plus side is that they will give you a rain check for those items to come back in and get it up to 30 days later. Another benefit to the rain check is that you actually get the up+ reward amount taken off the total.

So, everything I bought tonight was with a rain check certificate from last week. Also, be sure to ask for whatever the limit is as noted in the ad. Plus, if you go in with your rain check and they don't have all that you wanted but they have some-you can get some and they will just mark off what you were able to buy and you can get the rest later.

Here's how I did it.

The case of luvs diapers were regularly $17.99.
The Arm and Hammer spin brush pro was regularly $8.99 each, and I bought 2.
The Spinbrush my way kids toothbrush was regularly $7.49 each, and I bought 2.
The baby Orajel was $6.99 and I bought 2.
The Arm and Hammer detergent was $6.99 regularly and I bought 4.
That comes to:
92.94

-The Luvs diapers were on sale after up reward for $12.99 (which was the price they gave on the rain check).
-The Spin brush, My Way Brush, and Orajel products were on b1g1 free promotion, AND when you bought $10 worth you got $5 back. So what they did was charged me for 1 of the matching items, and took $5 off the total. Even better!!!! (*Rolling your up rewards would work similar to this, but this just makes it easier!)
-The arm and hammer detergents were on sale for 2/$4.

That already dropped it down to $37.46
Then I used 2 coupons for $1 off 1 spin brush, 2 coupons for $1 off 1 Orajel product (these were printable), 2 coupons for $1 off 1 my way toothbrush, and 2 coupons for $1 off wyb 2 arm and hammer. So that took another $8 off. Plus I had $11 in Up rewards from the items I did get last week. So that brought it down to $18 and it was just a little more after tax. All in all I did AMAZING!!! So that just goes to show you-don't be disappointed when you find the shelves have been cleared. Just get a rain check!

No comments:

Post a Comment